School Holiday Fun
Shearing, Sheep and Wool
Rawnsley Park Station is a working sheep station, currently running around 2000 Merino and Dohne sheep. On this tour you’ll learn how the sheep are yarded with dogs, how they’re shorn and how the wool is classed and baled. Devonshire Tea included.
- 10.00am Wednesdays – demonstrations last for 90 minutes and run during the April, July and October SA school holidays.
- Cost: $20 Adults, $10 children (2-15 years), Family $50
- Groups of 10 or more by prior arrangement.
- Next Dates: October 4th and 11 th
Call (08) 8648 0700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings and further information
The Backyard Universe will be offering stargazing sessions at Rawnsley Park on the following dates and times:
- 7.30pm - September 25th, 26th,28th and 30th
- 8.30pm - October 2nd and 4th
Adults $35; Child (3-15 inclusive)$25; Family $100. Bookings can be made at the Shop or Reception
Tracks and Scats
Join us for an hour of walking along the creekbed, looking for evidence of kangaroos, reptiles and bats that live in the area. This is the best time of the day to see native wildlife, as they are either coming out for the night, or feeding at the end of the day.
- 5.30-6.30pm - September 24th and 30th
- 6.00-7.00pm - October 5th and 10th
$5 per person (suitable for children over 5 years of age)