Whether it’s a scenic flight over spectacular Wilpena Pound or a full-day Outback adventure, Chinta Air can take you to the skies direct from Rawnsley Park Station.
See the breath-taking views from the sky online here.
View the weather cameras pointing towards the Rawnsley Bluff and Chace Range here.
Wilpena Pound and Central Flinders Scenic Flights
An early morning scenic flight is the ideal way to gain an appreciation of the scale and grandeur of Wilpena Pound. You can also fly over the ancient landscapes of Bunyeroo and Brachina Gorges. Available for a minimum of two people, up to four people.
- 20-minute Scenic Flight $190 per person
- 30-minute Scenic Flight $220 per person
- 45-minute Scenic Flight $300 per person
- 60-minute Scenic Flight $400 per person
Any child (age 3 years to 13 years) flies for HALF PRICE with two adults (on scenic flights only).
Lake Torrens Flyover
This 2.5 hrs flight shows you the amazing contrast between the majestic Flinders Ranges and the rough and rugged western plains of Lake Torrens. The tour takes in Wilpena Pound, the Heysen Range including Bunyeroo & Brachina Gorge, Parachilna Gorge, Leigh Creek, Andamooka and Lake Torrens. Available for 2-4 passengers. (No landings.)
Flights depart as per booking.
- $510 per person (4 passengers)
- $670 per person (3 passengers)
- $990 per person (2 passengers)
Lake Eyre (Kati Thanda) Full-Day Tour
This classic Outback tour takes in Leigh Creek, Lake Eyre South and North, Andamooka and Lake Torrens, with a lunch stop at the William Creek Pub. Available for 2-4 passengers.
With an area that is 144km long and 77km wide (the same size as the country of Qatar), the lake is a vast expanse of salt, derived from the evaporation of floodwaters over thousands of years. The lake is filled by water from a catchment area which lies across three states and encompasses one sixth of Australia. Water flows into the lake about once every eight years, but rarely fills to capacity.
- $950 per person (4 passengers)
- $1035 per person (3 passengers)
- $1375 per person (2 passengers)
- $3106 family rate (2 adults, 2 children aged 3 to 13)
PRIVATE: $1245 per person (3 passengers) / $1840 per person (2 passengers)
Departure: 9:30am Bookings essential. Returns: 4:30pm (approximately)
- Morning flight over Wilpena Pound
- Bunyeroo, Brachina & Parachilna Gorges, Leigh Creek (township and coalfields), Marree Man, Lake Eyre South & the bottom third of Lake Eyre North.
- Lunch at William Creek Hotel (inc tea / coffee, water / juice / soft drinks.)
- Afternoon flight from William Creek to Andamooka, Lake Torrens, and Wilpena Pound.
OPTIONAL EXTRAS (must be requested at the time of booking):
Fly to the Northern tip of the Lake for possible views of birdlife, and if any water is flowing in from the Warburton Creek. Extra - $140 per person.
Fly over the Painted Hills on Anna Creek Station (the Hills are not accessible by road.) Extra - $200 per person.
Arkaroola and Northern Flinders Ranges Full Day Tour
Arkaroola Wilderness Sanctuary is located at the Northern end of the Flinders Ranges in rugged landscapes. Fly over the Ranges at sunrise before landing at the Sanctuary to join a shared 4WD Ridgetop Tour - so steep that only Arkaroola guides are permitted to drive it. You will enjoy morning tea and spectacular views at the famed Sillers Lookout.
Complete the experience with a light lunch at Arkaroola before the return flight via Blinman, Barachina Gorge and Wilpena Pound.
Available for 2-4 passengers.
- $740 per person (4 passengers)
- $780 per person (3 passengers)
- $1020 per person (2 passengers)
- $620 per child (age 3 to 13, if travelling with 2 or more adults)
- $2340 family rate (2 adults, 2 children aged 3 to 13)
Departs: 6:30am. Returns: 4pm (approx.)
- Scenic flight from Rawnsley Park Station to Arkaroola Wilderness Sanctuary.
- Seats on shared 4WD tour with guide - Arkaroola's Ridgetop Tour.
- Morning tea, light lunch (with choice of tea / coffee, water / juice / soft drinks).
This 2 hrs excursion starts from Rawnsley Park Station to Arkaroola Wilderness Sanctuary via Blinman, Parachilna Gorge, Brachina & Bunyeroo Gorge and finishes off with glorious views of Wilpena Pound.
Flights depart as per booking.
- $400 per person (4 passengers)
- $530 per person (3 passengers)
- $800 per person (2 passengers)
Call (08) 8648 0700 or email email@example.com for bookings and further information
Prices valid from 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024. RRP may vary due to operational reasons or fuel levy. Flights not available on Tuesday or Christmas Day.
All flights depart from Rawnsley Park Station airstrip. Flight departs with a minimum of 2 passengers. We accept payment during the boarding procedures - we accept Visa, Mastercard, EFTPOS, or cash. (No additional fees if paid by credit card.) We are unable to welcome on board any individual who weighs 130kgs or more. Please be aware that all aircraft have strict weight limits, so we advise that the combined weight of everyone in your party may be a factor.
Flights may be delayed rescheduled or cancelled without notice due to weather (including, but not limited to, low cloud, string winds or severe turbulence), operational requirements, or aircraft maintenance.