How to get here
Driving from Adelaide
Option 1: Via Port Augusta – approx. 5 hours
Take Main North Road to Gepps Cross, then Port Wakefield Road toward Port Augusta. Take the Quorn exit and continue onto Hawker. From Hawker, head toward Wilpena Pound – Rawnsley Park Station is located 35 kilometres north of Hawker and is signed from the main road.
Option 2: Via Clare Valley – approx. 5 hours
Take Main North Road through Gepps Cross following signs for the Clare Valley. Stop for lunch at Paulette's wines or visit Kirrihill or Sevenhill Cellars. From Clare, head to Laura, Melrose, Wilmington and Hawker, before continuing onto Rawnsley Park Station.
When driving in the Flinders Ranges ensure you carry an up-to-date motoring map and top up fuel frequently. Take regular rest stops and be aware of wildlife, particularly at dawn and dusk.
Option 3: Via Barossa Valley – approx. 5 hours
The Barossa is synonymous with great wine, from bold Shiraz to delicate Reisling. It is certainly worth a stop over, and is only an hour's drive from Adelaide. The most direct route is via Port Wakefield Road and the Northern Expressway. From Lyndoch then head to Rawnsley Park via Gawler , Clare, Jamestown, Orroroo and Hawker.
Rawnsley Park Station now has a sister property near Lyndoch - Barossa Shiraz Estate. if you decide to stay 2 nights at each property please see our special. Or ask Reception to book you in for a night on your return to Adelaide. Stay Monday to Thursday and receive a 20% discount.
Other road transport and tour options
- Genesis Tours and Charter – Adelaide to Hawker Passenger Service
- Sealink (Flinders Ranges Odysseys Tour) staying 2 nights in the Flinders Ranges at Rawnsley Park. This can be combined with a tour to Kangaroo Island.
- Bunnik Tours - South Australia tour visiting Kangaroo island and Flinders Ranges
- Kangaroo Island Wilderness Tours (Island to Outback luxury tour) staying on Kangaroo Island, in the Barossa and Flinders Ranges
- Coast & Co (staying in the Adelaide Hills and Rawnsley Homestead, or at Barossa Shiraz Estate and Rawnsley Eco Villas)
Chinta Air operates charter flights to and from Adelaide to Rawnsley Park Station on request. They can also fly guests to/from other regional centres like Kangaroo Island, Eyre Peninsula and Coober Pedy. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Rex Airlines operate scheduled flights from Adelaide to Whyalla, which is a 3 hour drive from Rawnsley Park Station.
Bill Peach Journeys offer a Flinders Ranges and Beyond Air-cruise, staying two nights in one of our luxury Eco-Villas, and also visiting Coober Pedy and the Barossa Valley.
Rawnsley Park Station also has an airstrip.
Please contact Rawnsley Park Station on (08) 8648 0700 PRIOR to arrival for permission and to arrange transfers etc. Please note there is no mobile phone reception at the strip. Alternatively, please fill out a landing form and email to reception.
- Landing Fee – $25 single engine
- Landing Fee - $50 twin engine
Transfer Fees - transfer between the accommodation and airstrip, on arrival and departure, is free of charge.
All other transfers within Rawnsley Park Station are $10 per destination per vehicle. Transfers to Wilpena Pound are $65 per vehicle per trip. Transfers to Hawker are $90 per vehicle per trip.
(Please note: While we aim to fit in as closely as possible with your requirements, all transfers are subject to availability of vehicle and driver.)
Fuel – Av Gas is not available for purchase
- ELEVATION: 1350 Feet
- AMSL TIME ZONE: UTC +9.5
- GPS POSITION: 31deg 39.000min South 138deg 37.700min East
- WAC CHART: Broken Hill (3355)
- AREA FORECAST: 51
- STRIP DIRECTIONS: 03.21
- ALA CODE: YRYK
- STRIP LENGTH: 1000m
- STRIP SURFACE: White Limestone
- WINDSOCK: Yes
- STRIP MARKERS: White half 44 gallon drums
- LIGHTING: Nil